Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ginny's First Hospital Visit


Ginny was sick with a runny nose and I thought an ear infection. She had been waking up at 4 a.m. a couple of days now really unhappy. But a week ago she woke up and was labor breathing. I could tell that there was something seriously wrong. I did not want to be all crazy so I called the on call nurse and she told me to come in immediately. So I did and my doctor was very concerned. She sent me immediately to the hospital and called ahead so they would be ready for us when we got there. We went inside and the lady checking us in said that she was surprised my doctor didn't call an ambulance with how difficult it was for Ginny to breath. At this point I was very concerned. She was not turning blue or anything but you could tell she was not feeling well. She was letting me hold her and just laying very still.

We were taken back into a room and she was given 3 breathing treatments in a row along with some lung therapy. (they pound her back with a little drum thing) They sucked out some of the mucus and tested it. They also took x-rays to see if she had pneumonia.

I was praying this whole time she was going to be okay. The doctor said that if she did not improve dramatically they were going to keep her over night. Well we had our little miracle. She did not have RSV or pneumonia. I was shocked. Then she started to become herself again. She was "talking" and wanting to run around. They put us in the observation room to make sure she would be okay after they stopped the breathing treatments. She loved it in there. She was allowed to walk around and eat food and play with toys. She kept walking into the hall way and waiving to the nurses and doctors.

Finally the doctor came in and told us we could leave. What a blessing! I had to continue the treatments at home but was happy to do so. When he said good bye Ginny blew him a kiss and waived good bye. This little girl was getting all the nurses and doctors to fall in love with her. They would all come by as often as they could so that she would waive to them. Too funny. I love my Ginny Lynn. She is doing much better now and is sleeping better too. Which I am very grateful for.

2 comments:

LKP said...

scary experience! how sweet, her demeanor. daisy never liked the hospital, so you are one blessed mom to have such a trooper. still no idea what caused the breathing stuff?

Allred's said...

Oh my word! I had no idea. I am so glad that she is better. So was it what was the cause of it?